Site of Medieval Church at Stretton on Fosse
The site of a Medieval chapel which was completely rebuilt during the Imperial period. The chapel was situated to the east of Stretton on Fosse.
1 The church of Stretton on Fosse was originally a chapel of Blockley in Worcestershire. It is recorded at the end of the 12th century. A view of the old church published 1797 shows that it consisted of nave and short chancel, with a bellcote at the W end. The N door was 12th century, the windows apparently 16th century and later. The church was rebuilt in 1841.
3 A drawing of c1820 in the Aylesford Collection depicts the church much as described above.
4 Church leaflet.