Site of Medieval Church of St Michael, Great Wolford.
The site of the Medieval Church of St Michael, it was completely rebuilt in the Imperial period. It is located on the south side of The Green.
1 The church was entirely rebuilt in 1833 and not a vestige of ancient architecture has been preserved. A church is recorded here in the 12th century.
2 Drawing of c1820 in the Aylesford Collection shows the church consisting of chancel, nave with clearstorey, S porch, and W tower with spire.