Site of Church of St Peter, Bishopton
The site of the Church of St Peter which dates to the Imperial period. The church was located in Bishopton. The building has been demolished but the graveyard remains.
1 Bishopton Church was demolished in 1836 (MWA6261) and a new church built on a different site.
2 Rebuilt from designs by Joseph Lattimore.
3 Nave and chancel in one. 1836 by Joseph Lattimore. Grey and brown stone. The usual long lancet windows and closely set thin buttresses.
4 The church was demolished seven or eight years ago. The gravestones still remain but the site is very overgrown.