Shuckburgh Wharves, Lower Shuckburgh
Shuckburgh Wharves, the site of canal wharves, where vessels would have loaded and unloaded during the Imperial period. They were located 150m north of Lower Shuckburgh Church. They are marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1905.
1 The wharves are marked on the OS 25″ of 1905 in the above positions on the Oxford canal at Lower Shuckborough. Each appears to have some associated buildings.
2 Westerley wharf has a two-storey redbrick warehouse. In the entrance is a disused weighbridge marked ‘M&T Avery’ and an office. To the east of this is a second group consisting of a small two-storey redbrick building, possibly stabling, and a large redbrick house possibly also associated with the canal.