Wharves, off Croft Road, Nuneaton
Documentary evidence suggests that there were two canal wharves, where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods, located to the east of Croft Road, Nuneaton, during the Imperial period. A coal wharf was marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1835.
1 Two wharfs, one each to the north and south of Croft Road and west of the canal are shown on the OS 25″. The north one has a number of limekilns and the south one apparently serves a timber yard.
2 There are no obvious contemporary buildings connected with either wharf. Only the northern wharf is visible.
3 Named as Coal Wharf on the OS 1st ed 1″ map.