Rugby Town Hall, High Street, Rugby
The site of the old town hall of Rugby which was built during the Imperial period. The town hall was situated in High Street, Rugby. It was replaced in the 1960s by a new town hall in Corporation Street.
1 The old town hall is on the site of the former Elborough School and almshouses. It was built on this site at a cost of £7000 when the almshouses moved to their present position in 1885 (WA 3611).
2 Richard Elborough by Indentures dated 11 October 1707 conveyed to trustees the school-house and almshouses in Rugby.
3 The building has been ruined by the addition of modern shop fronts. It is a yellow stone building, richly ornamented in the “civic” style.