The site of a burial dating to the Roman period was discovered in 1937, 600m north west of the church, Lillington.
1 In 1937 when a gas trench was being dug in Highland Road, Leamington, a skeleton was discovered together with a piece of pottery. The sherd was identified as part of a large jar, not likely to be later than mid 2nd century, possibly earlier. The inhumation was, therefore, early Roman.
2 The skeleton was found at the above grid reference at a depth of 0.6 to 0.9m in sand and gravel, together with some pottery.