Napton Brick and Tile Works
The site of Napton Brickworks which are marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. They date from the Imperial period through to Modern times, closing down in the 1970s. They were located between the Oxford Canal and the Napton Windmill.
1 Originally owned by a firm called ?Alloy Bricks. The kilns were originally coal-fired, the coal coming by canal; c1963 they installed oil-fired German machinery including a linear kiln and linear drying oven. Clay was taken from the slope at the back of the works. After several years the firm went bankrupt, but was run under new management until finally closing c1973. Items including a stationary steam engine were auctioned in 1976.