Halford folly, a building which was constructed during the Imperial period. It is now in use as a dwelling. The folly is situated 400m south west of the church in Halford.
1 Folly, now house. c1790, with later alterations and additions. Limestone ashlar front with squared coursed limestone rubble to sides and rear. Hipped slate roof. Renewed stone lateral stack. 2 storeys. 2 octagons placed side by side. Entrance to right with hipped porch on slender supports. Sashes with stone lintels and stone sills to each floor. Flat bands to first and second floors. Limestone single-storey extension with gabled stone slated roof to left. Early 19th century ashlar extension to century. The smaller ‘lodge’, contains a doorcase with segmental head and side lights with key blocks and modern casements. The main building has sash windows. The Folly owes its existence to a Mr Thomas Webb, land surveyor 1774/5. The model is of an upright knife box of the period. The high pitched roof of blue slate dates from 1891, its construction involved the destruction of the upper (5th) storey of the building.
2 Located E of the church, beyond the A-road. A curious three-storeyed Georgian house of grey stone, consisting of two octagons placed side by side so that the S front is simply a pair of canted bays. In one of the octagons the drawing room, in the other a room and the staircase. To the N a brown-stone addition, also Georgian.
3 Press cuttings.