Halford Mill, the remains of a watermill for which there is documentary evidence from the Medieval to the Imperial period. The present building is of stone, and the mill house adjoins it at the west end of Mill Lane, Halford.
Remains of a watermill.
1 A mill is recorded in 1176, 1279, 1521, 1544, 1564, 1684 and 1685. Information on ownership exists for the C19 and early C20. It is thought to have ceased working in the late 1930s. The mill is a three storey stone building, and the mill house adjoins it at right angles. The waterwheel was covered by a small wheelhouse which has since been demolished. The waterwheel had been removed by 1947. Three pairs of stones were driven by iron stone nuts.