Deserted Settlement at Oldberrow
The site of a deserted settlement dating to the Imperial period which is known from documentary evidence. It was situated 100m west of the church, Oldberrow.
1 Early 19th century maps show additional buildings lying to the W of Oldberrow Church, four shown in 1814. The tithe map of 1839 shows only two. There are no signs of former buildings in the field but the former rectory was obviously rebuilt in the 19th century. There is a well in the field adjacent to the W.
2 In 1334 Subsidy valued at £7.88. Transferred from Worcestershire to Warwickshire in 1896. Market (Charter) Wed; granted 3 Jan 1253, by K Hen III to Adam le Despenser son of Thurstan le Despenser. Fair (Charter) vfm, John the Evangelist (27 Dec); granted 3 Jan 1253, by K Hen III to Adam le Despenser son of Thurstan le Despenser. VCH provides no further evidence for the market or fair.