Church of the Assumption of Our Lady, Ashow
The Church of the Assumption of Our Lady was originally built during the Medieval period. Alterations and additions were made to the church during the Post Medieval and Imperial periods. It is situated at Ashow.
1 Chancel, nave, and W tower. Chancel and nave are early 12th century, the tower mid 15th century. Late 18th century furnishings. Modern font. Originally a chapel of Leek Wotton, and became independent between 1198 and 1215.
2 Drawing of c1820.
3 Norman nave and chancel, see the remains of the N doorway, two small nave windows, and one small chancel window, also the chancel arch and perhaps the blank arcading on the chancel N and S walls, though this may be Neo-Norman. Early English doorway immediately E of the N doorway. The nave S side must be of c1800. The nave roof is probably 16th century.
5 Noted by Ordnance Survey.