Church of St Peter, Bourton on Dunsmore
The Church of St Peter which was originally built during the Medieval period. It was largely restored during the Imperial period. The church is situated in Bourton on Dunsmore.
1 Chancel, nave, N chapel, N and S aisles, tower, and vestry. Almost entirely rebuilt in the 14th century and all that remains of the earlier church is a blocked 13th century doorway to the chancel, the font, and probably part of the E bay of the S arcade. Drastically refaced and restored in the 19th century, when the clearstorey, N aisle and porch were added and the tower rebuilt. Pulpit dated 1607.
2 Drawing of c1820 in the Aylesford Collection shows the church consisting of chancel, nave, S aisle, and SW weatherboarded bell-turret with pyramidal cap.
3 Nearly entirely of 1842 and 1850 by J Potter. Low with a SW steeple, the top stage octagonal with a spire. The chancel masonry is Medieval. Monument: Effigy of a Lady, c1300.
5 Noted by Ordnance Survey.