Weston Mill, Long Compton.
The site of a watermill dating from the Medieval to the Imperial period, it was located 500m south west of Mere Furlong Coppice.
1 A mill is recorded towards the end of the C13. Information on ownership exists for the latter half of the C19 and early part of the C20. It had closed by 1920. The mill is a small three-storey structure, built of stone and brick. It contained an internal overshot waterwheel of considerable age and measuring 3m in diameter by 1.7m wide. Much of the workings appear to have been replaced in the C19. The long leat which fed the wheel is now completely dry. The tail race carried the water away from the wheel through a long culvert which passes close to the nearby derelict mill cottage before emerging to re-enter the river.
2 Weston Mill is also recorded in 1535.
3 The mill was pulled down c1975. The derelict mill cottage has also been pulled down.
4 Identified as a corn mill on 1st Edition OS Map and remapped