The White Lion Public House
The site of the White Lion Public House, a building of Post Medieval or Imperial date. The site, which was excavated, was situated on Coventry Road, Bedworth. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1902.
1 An Inn is shown at this location on the 1902 OS 25″ map.
2 In December 1994, limited access was afforded to M Wilson so he could observe development work on the White Lion public house. Observation revealed archaeological deposits including cellars, constructed of hand-made bricks which were concealed by the foundation material of the White Lion and infilled with demolition material.