Site of Windmill 400m N of Lodge Farm
The site of a tower mill, a type of windmill, which was built during the Imperial period. The windmill was demolished in 1925. It was situated 1km north east of Lower Green.
1 Brick tower mill. Built c1820. Lofty tower with ogee cap and finial; staging four sails and cap gallery with rotating wheel. Worked by steam for a period. Ceased working early 20th century and demolished after 1925.
2 Mill marked at about this location.
3 During a site visit a complete millstone about 1.5m in diameter was found embedded in the turf.