Site of Post Medieval Windmill 700m NW of the Manor
The site of a post mill, a windmill mounted on a post. It was built towards the end of the Post Medieval period. The windmill is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1834. It was situated 1km north west of Grandborough.
1 ‘Windmill Hill’.
2 Post Mill. Built by 1725. Ceased by late 18th century.
3 The site could not be investigated in detail, but there is a slight ‘unnatural’ rise which may be the site of the former windmill.