Site of Possible Moat 300m E of Parish Church
The site of a possible Medieval moat, a wide ditch usually surrounding a building. It is no longer visible as an earthwork, but its existence is suggested by a tithe map of 1842. It was situated 300m east of the church at Monks Kirby.
1 ‘The Moats w/Plantation’ marked.
2 The land is now allotment with no sign of a moat.
3 Moat is visible on an aerial photograph taken in the 1970s (SP4863/O).