Site of Old Church of St Peter and St Paul, Water Orton.
The site of the Medieval church of St. Peter and St. Paul. The site is located on Old Church Road, Water Orton.
1 Originally the villagers used the parish church of Bromwick, but in 1346 having built their own church they received a licence from the Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield for a priest to perform services in their chapel.
2 The graveyard where the chapel stood is on the N side of Old Church Lane.
3 A drawing of c1820 shows a small church with a square tower, nave and possible aisles.
4 The faculty for taking down the church was signed by the Bishop of Worcester in 1887.
5 There is now no surface evidence of the old church, its site having been covered over by late 19th century/early 20th century graves.