Site of Medieval Chapel at Cestersover
The possible site of a Medieval chapel is suggested by documentary evidence. The site is located 1km north west of Churchover.
1 In 1776 Stukeley saw a chapel converted into a barn.
2 A chapel was established by the ancestors of Sir William de Waver, who made a complaint to Pope Honorius III in 1220. The chapel is also recorded in 1251, but no later reference is known.
3 The farm buildings are modern brick and no trace of the chapel remains.