Site of Fines Bridge, by Grandborough Mill
Documentary evidence suggests that this is the site of a Post Medieval bridge called Fines Bridge. The present brick bridge is undated and has been altered since construction. It crosses the River Leam 100m northeast of St Peter's Church at Grandborough.
1 The River Leam divides the hamlet of Woolscott from the village of Grandborough. The road connecting the two at Grandborough Mill is carried over the river by two bridges, of which the N was called Chayne Bridge and the other Fines Bridge in 1627.
2 There is now an undated brick bridge on the site (PRN 5368), which has been altered in recent times.