Site of Brookhampton Mill
The site of Brockhampton Mill, a Post Medieval watermill shown on the Ordnance Survey map of 1830. The location was 500m north west of the church at Butlers Marston.
1 A watermill was attached to Brookhampton in 1677. It is marked on Yates’ map of 1787-9 and is shown on the OS 1″ map of the 1830s. On maps of 1872 and later the E and W Junction Railway is shown passing very close to the site. The building of the railway must have affected the watercourse to the mill and caused its closure. On the 1886 OS 6″ map a footbridge across the stream marks the site but there are no buildings nearby.