Site of a Quarry in Stoneleigh
The site of a marl pit, from which marl was extracted during the Imperial period and possibly earlier. The site is suggested by documentary evidence and a large hollow still exists on this site. It is located 300m south of Whitefield Coppice.
1 This field is called Marl Pit Close on a 1766 Estate Map.
2 A tree filled pit is still visible in the centre of the field.