Site of modern diorite pits, Hartshill Hayes
The site of quarry pits used for extracting diorite during the Imperial period for use in road construction. They are situated 600m south east of Oldbury Camp.
1 Field survey by RCHME in 1997 identified an area containing several test pits dug for diorite (used for road construction) some time before 1923. The stone proved to be poor quality. Earthwork remains of pits and mounds survive.
2 Plan with above.