Site of 18th century Windmill at Windmill House
The site of a windmill which was built during the Imperial period. It was later converted to a steam mill. It was situated at Windmill House, 1km northeast of Shrewley Common.
1 Brick tower mill called ‘Justice’. Built late C18. Cylindrical tower of three storeys and iron-covered cap with tail extension for luffing wheel and chain; four common sails, mostly wooden machinery and two pairs of stones. Ceased work by sail c1896 but continued by steam for some years. Sails removed 1898. Tower and machinery dismantled 1949.