Hemingford House villa garden, Alveston
The garden attached to Hemingford House, which was created in the Imperial period as a villa and grounds. It is marked as such on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. The garden is to the south west of the Church of St James, Alveston.
1 Hemingford House itself is Grade II Listed and is now a Youth Hostel; the gardens consist of pleasure grounds with mixed plantings, walks, paddocks and small park.
2 OS 1:10560 1st ed. 1886 Sht Warks 44NE clearly shows villa and grounds.