Friends' Meeting House, Armscote
A former Society of Friends' Quaker Meeting House dating to the Post Medieval period. It is located 200m south of Middle Street, Armscote.
1 A meeting was in existence by 1673 in which year a conventicle held at the barn of John Halford was the cause of George Fox’s last arrest and imprisonment. The barn was acquired in or about 1672 for use as a meeting house and burial ground. The present building appears to be a new structure erected in 1705 on the site of the barn. Walls of coursed grey stone with a tiled roof, formerly covered by stone slates. The interior (5.7m by 9.6m) retains many original fittings. No monuments are visible in the burial ground. Reported sold c1982.
3 Friends Meeting House. Probably a conversion of a house of c.1670 carried out in 1705. Plain gabled structure. Original seating.