Fishpond at Drakenage Farm
The remains of a fishpond, used for storing and breeding fish, and its associated water channels. The features are thought to be Medieval in origin and they are visible as earthworks. The features are situated at Drakenage Farm.
1 Part of scheduled ancient monument (SAM No 21611). A waterfilled pond located to the west of the moated site. It is marked on the 1851 tithe map and is thought to be Medieval in origin. A dry channel is visible at the north eastern corner of the pond extending eastwards beyond the moated site. A further channel links it with the north eastern corner of the moat. Fed by surface drainage, these channels are thought to have originally provided part of the water supply to the moat and western pond.