Fishponds 200m E of Umberslade Hall
The site of possible Medieval fishponds, used for the breeding and storage of fish. They are still visible as earthworks, and are situated 200m east of Umberslade Hall.
1 It appears that the stream to the SE of Umberslade Hall was once damned across its valley to form two large pools. The pool to the NW is very steep-sided and now dry. A channel in the SE corner led to the second pool through the middle of which a stream now flows. A number of fishponds surround Umberslade Hall (PRN 1076) and these pools possibly also originated as fishponds.