Church of St Michael, Bishop's Itchington
The Church of St Michael which had originated, in the Medieval period, as a chapel to the church in Lower Itchington. It was completely rebuilt during the Imperial period and is situated in Bishop's Itchington.
1 The old church, which originated as a chapel to the church of All Saints in Lower Itchington (PRN 829) consisted at the beginning of the 19th century of a chancel and nave, structurally undivided, with a bell-turret at the W end. Judging from the view of it in the Aylesford collection it had no external features earlier than the 17th century. In 1834 a small brick tower was added. In 1872 the whole church was rebuilt and consisted of a chancel, nave, N aisle, W tower, organ chamber and S porch.
3 Drawing of c1820.
4 Listing Description.