Site of Church of All Saints, Bishops Itchington
All Saints Church stood in Lower Itchington during the Medieval period. In the Post Medieval period a manor house was built on this site. Recent work identified remains of the church within the present farmhouse. It is located 1.1km south of Bishop's Itchington.
1 Lower Itchington contained a church, but Thomas Fisher purchased the manor in 1537 and pulled the church down in order to build the manor house (PRN 6181).
2 The chapel of ease in Upper Itchington then became the Parish Church.
3 The present Old Town Farm incorporates parts of the manor house. Alterations to the Farm have revealed possible traces of the church. An arch about 1m high and 2.5m wide at its widest point has been revealed and a blocked window or ledge.
4 Many stone remains of church incorporated into farm. In addition owner of house has exposed remains of church. The stone door and arch and a stone niche probably relate to the church and predate depopulation.
6 Church is referred to in mid 12th century.
7 Several fragments of roofing tiles were found at this location. The largest is of the 14th century, two medium fragments are from the 14th to 18th century and the smallest is from the 17th to 18th century.