The site of Cherington Mill, a Medieval watermill. The existing mill building at the site dates to the Imperial period. It is located 450m west of Stourton.
1 There was a mill at Cherington in 1332, and it is recorded in 1598 and 1680. Details of ownership exist for the mid 19th century onwards. The mill ceased working in the early 1950s. Mid 19th century mill building, three storeys high, built of alternate red and yellow brick, with a datestone, no longer legible. Internal breast-shot waterwheel measures 3.8m diameter by 1.5m wide. Other machinery survives also.
2 The present owner has been able to restore the mill to working order.
3 Article about the village of Cherington.