Baraset House villa garden, Alveston
Baraset House garden, created in the Imperial period as a villa and grounds, and marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. The house was demolished in the 1920s. The garden covers a large area 300m south of Alveston.
1 Baraset House’s gardens consist of pleasure grounds with mixed plantings, walks, paddocks, small park and kitchen garden. The building itself was built for the ex-Governor of the Indian province of Baraset but was demolished in the 1920s.
2 The OS 1:10560 1886 Sht Warks 44NE clearly shows the house and grounds.
3 The house is still shown on the 1938 revision.
4 Greenwood shows a large area enclosed as parkland in 1822; this was diminished by the time of the Tithe award.
5 Illustrative map.
6 Greenwood’s map.