Anti aircraft emplacement at Rugby
The site of a light anti aircraft emplacement from the Second World War identified from documentary evidence. Its purpose was to protect the Lodge Plug Works at Rugby. It was located 200m west of the Clifton Road Cemetery.
1 The site of a light anti aircraft gun emplacement, no 281, listed in June 1940. The features were typically not substantial. Light anti aircraft guns were smaller, faster firing weapons intended to engage low flying aircraft.