Alcester Heath Park
Alcester Heath Park, an area of heathland enclosed by Fulke Greville to form a park and a rabbit warren in the Post Medieval period. The park is known to have existed from documentary evidence. It was situated to the west of King's Coughton.
1 Fulke Greville is recorded as having enclosed a good deal of Alcester Heath in the mid 16th century. The area shown includes a warren (indicated by ‘coney’ field names) and fields with surviving ‘park’ names.
2 Illustrative map for above.
3 Named ‘Conyngere’ in 1462/3. It may have been the warren created by Walter de Beauchamp in 1300.