The post mill was built on Windmill Hill in the late 1780s. It consisted of a main post, four sails and a pitched roof. It had a wide ladder from the ground to a platform at the rear to the lower storey. The mill was demolished in 1870. Today the only evidence of a windmill existing in Cubbington is a road named Windmill Hill.