Warwickshire in 100 Objects: Teddy and Fifi
This soft toy, known as ‘Teddy and Fifi’, dates from c. 1910-1920.
‘Teddy’ is a traditional fawn-coloured bear with stitched nose, mouth and button eyes in black. The bear is wearing a bright red, woollen coat with faux mother-of-pearl buttons. Under the coat is a knitted jumper, leggings and socks. Attached under ‘Teddy’s’ right arm is a small, brown plush dog, ‘Fifi’.
‘Teddy and Fifi’ used to be displayed in Warwick’s Doll Museum, which was housed in what is now the Thomas Oken Tea Rooms. ‘Teddy and Fifi’ will be on display in Market Hall Museum, as part of the exhibition ‘The Bear Necessities’, until summer 2019.