Warwickshire in 100 Objects: 19th Century Harp
This harp was made c. 1861 by Barry of London. It has saver pedals and swell pedal operating five covered openings in the back of the body. The wooden body has an imitation black lacquered (‘japanned’) finish, with painted gilt decoration featuring Classical motifs.
It was gifted to Warwickshire Museum in 1965 and is currently kept within the Warwickshire Museum stores.