Toll road 110m NE of Seckington to No Man's Heath

Description of this historic site

A turnpike road or toll road, whose upkeep and repair was financed by the extraction of a toll from travellers. It was established in the Imperial period between 1750 and 1775. It is situated 110m north east of Seckington and runs to No Man's Heath.

Notes about this historic site

1 Recently built over by road widening scheme. Milestones existed at SK2708 and SK2808, now both destroyed.
3 A turnpike road established between 1750 and 1775.

More from Newton Regis
More from Seckington