East & West Junction Railway
The site of the East and West Junction Railway, previously known as the Stratford on Avon and Midland Junction Railway, which was built in the Imperial period.
1 East & West Junction Railway, running east to county boundary near Fenny Compton from junction with Barnt Green & Ashchurch Branch of Midland Railway, linking Stratford to latter & to GWR.
2 Known by 1938 as Stratford on Avon & Midland Junction Railway.
3 Opened 1873, one of later railways in county.
4 Dismantled Railway. The East and West Junction Railway Company line from Green’s Norton to Stratford-on-Avon. Opened 1879, reciever appointed 1898. Closed 1964 except for section running from Kineton to Fenny Compton.