The Four Shire Stone
The Four Shire Stone, a boundary marker, dates from the Post Medieval period. It is located 550m south east of Leamington Heath Coppice.
1 A square obelisk of oolitic limestone c.12 feet high. The base has a moulded pedestal with plinth and the obelisk rises to a moulded cornice surmounted by a ball finial on top of a corncrete cube enclosed in modern times by railings. Each face has one of the counties; Oxon, Worcs, Glos, Warks, carved on it, the boundaries of these counties met at this point until the reallocation of 1931. In 1931 Evenlode parish was excised from Worcestershire causing that county to recede and the Fourshire Stone lost some significance.