Site of Post Medieval Manor House at Temple House, Chilvers Coton.
The site of a Post Medieval manor house which lay 300m west of Park Farm. Now disproved.
1 A possible manor house of the Knights Templars and Knights Hospitallers existed on this site (PRN 4572). A number of tenants are known in the late 15th/early 16th century. In 1567 a ‘capital house called the Temple’ is recorded, with a barn, barn yard, chapel yard and dove house. After this the manor changed hands, but the Temple House is recorded in 1632 and manorial records survive until the mid 19th century.
2 Temple House is a farmhouse which is partly 17th century, but mainly modern, which is surrounded by a moat (PRN 6343).
3 Now disproved. Temple Housse lies outside the Templars manor and demesnes. The site was formerly known as Lutmans End. It was never anciemtly a manor. The reference in VCH is an error.