Watermill at Leather Mill Cottages
The site of a watermill which was built during the Post Medieval period. It is now visible as an earthwork which is situated 225m south east of Leather Mill Farm.
1 One of the Caldecote mills, mentioned in 1584, may have stood on this site. By the 1830’s it was known as ‘Leather Mill’. Some information exists on ownership in the 19th century and the mill is thought to have been demolished in 1874. The site of the mill and its watercourse are visible.