Site of Medieval Chapel at Winderton, Brailes.
The possible site of a Medieval chapel which is suggested by documentary evidence. The chapel is thought to have existed at Winderton.
1 There was a chapel in Winderton, which with its buildings and lands were granted in 1549 to John Nethermille and John Milwarde, but of its history nothing is known.
2 The present church may occupy the site of the far older chantry chapel mentioned in Winderton as early as the beginning of the 13th century. Little is known of the history of this chapel, however, and its situation may have been further S, near the centre of the ancient village of Winderton.