Site of Leamington Windmill
The site of Leamington Windmill which was first recorded as being in use during the Imperial period. It was situated in the area of Tatchbrook Road, Whitnash but was demolished in 1968.
1 Brick tower mill. Small, four-storey, four common sails and two pairs of stones. New gearing, sails, steam drive-shaft and engine house noted in 1886 advertisement, but ceased work c1888 and sails sold 1894. New dome cap and sails put on. Sails removed 1943 and derelict tower demolished 1968. Site now car park of Windmill Inn.
2 The mill is recorded in 1850 and 1880 Directories when Samuel Ingram was the miller.
3 Scale drawing.
4 Correspondence from 1968.