Site of Fish Pond SE of Bilton Lodge
The site of a fishpond, used for the breeding and storage of fish. It dates to as least the Imperial period and is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. It was situated just to the north of the Church of St Mark, Bilton.
1 Fish pond SE of Bilton Lodge marked on 1886 map.
2 This fish pond is clearly marked on the 1843 Tithe map as extent and water-filled, whereas it is referred to as ‘Old Fish Pond’ on 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping, so clearly has gone out of use.