Chapel of Nunc Dimittis and St Mark, Bilton

Description of this historic site

The Chapel of Numc Dimittis and St Mark which was built during the Imperial period. It is no longer used as a chapel but the building has been converted into a dwelling. It is situated on Magnet Lane, Bilton.

Notes about this historic site

2 Built 1892-4 by Canon R O Assheton in memory of his wife Charlotte Emily (d1892), to designs by William Bucknall and John Ninian Comper. Tower added 1904. The chapel was intended to serve old people housed nearby. It closed in 1975.
3 A small brick structure with stone dressings and a three-stage tower with short spire roof. It has been converted into a dwelling.

More from Bilton