Site of a Vicarage in Kenilworth
The site of the Vicarage built during the Imperial period and which is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. A housing estate now stands on this site, though when the Vicarage was demolished is not known. It was situated 400m west of the cricket ground, Kenilworth.
1 The only reference to the Vicarage, presumably built in the 1850’s as it was attached to St John’s Church which was built in 1852, is on the 1886 OS map.
2 Nothing else could be discovered about the building – even when it was destroyed – and a modern housing estate has been built over it. There is a road on the new estate called Vicarage Gardens.