Site of a Chapel at Sudeley Castle
The site of a chapel dating to the Medieval period. The chapel was associated with Sudeley Castle, 300m north east of Griff Lane.
1 A chapel is recorded at Griff Manor House /Sudeley Castle in 1231-42.
2 The manor house was excavated in 1966 (PRN 5140) and a room (Room ‘A’) was part of the main building. This is centrally placed and properly oriented, and may be the oratory licensed for private masses.