Signal Box (Site 13)
The site of a railway signal box dating to the Imperial period. It is situated 1km north of Salford Priors.
1 A disused railway signal box shows little signs of decay and is in good condition, though overgrown.
This is the Broom West Junction signal box, built as part of the laying in of the new southwards facing curve at Broom Junction in 1942. It cam into use on 28 September 1942 and replaced a temporary ground frame. The site should be recorded photographically whether or not it is threatened by the new bypass.